Vinyl window is a unique type of windows that are mounted on a Jamb, they are gently tilted on a hold frames and are fastened in place
Installing vinyl windows always look complicated especially if you have never lay your hand upon one before. Despite high charges by vinyl replacement firm common tools and basic skill are required to replace the windows.
If you wish to change your vinyl window it will be good for you to check the condition of your windows frames before you set to replace your windows. If your windows frames are out, rotten or out of square then you can try and consider replacement or adjustment before vinyl replacement. Frame replacement is much more complicated than the windows itself so categories checking the frame out as important.
After checking the frame and you find in to be sound then next task you need to do is to measure the interior width and height of each of the windows to be replaced from the side and sill. After you are done with that it will be nice to double check the measurement to ensure optimum accuracy so you don’t end up with a window that doesn’t fit in. From experience the old frame always match a standard vinyl seize.
The measurement taking should be used to order a window from a lumberyard. The size of such window varies depending on the manufacturer of the product and the feature you want in it. It will be advised to order windows with an insulated glass layer (two layers). Then you can choose between styles (single or multi glass panes)
Install he window from the inside. Take half a day to install the first unit and maintain accuracy once the accuracy is maintained the step stick to your brain and second and other installation comes with more ease and accuracy
Step to carry out:
- Remove the inside top with care and save it from damage because it will be reused for the same place
- Remove the old window lower sash; it will be replaced by new
- Pull out the parting top and don’t extra handle it because it won’t be re-used so don’t waste your time pulling it out.
- Pull out the top sash at this moment
- The sash liner and the spring is to be removed or the sash pockets to remove the weight
- The sash cord pulley is removed, and the weight pocket is stuffed with fiberglass insulation
- The new vinyl unit is pushed into place, and tight against the outside stop and mounting screw is driven into the side
- Then caulk around the outside, and the vinyl trim is then installed
- The old inside stop is then installed
Some of the material and equipment required:
Cordless drill, tape measure, caulks gun, Level, Hearing protection, Safety Glasses, utility knife, insulation, foam backer rod.
In conclusion, to install a vinyl window come with ease than imagine. So grab your tools and get the job started